Sr. SaaS/Cloud Engineer
Who we are?
MediSapiens provides Bio-IT solutions to our clients in the biomedical field. Our solutions enable you to turn biomedical data into new insights and knowledge. Our clients range from top 10 global pharmaceutical companies via leading healthcare organizations and research groups to up and coming start-ups. Our goal is to enable better health, research and business innovations through data-driven science.
What do we offer?
We offer a vibrant, flexible and fun working environment, with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and great colleagues. We have an office conveniently located in down-town Helsinki, close to the metro, train and buses and room to park your bike. You will be working with talented, supportive and motivated colleagues to make new innovations in the biomedical field.
Coffee, tea, snacks and a Linux/Mac laptop are part of our benefits, just as travel and recreational vouchers.
To read more about our team and how we work, see our blog post.
Who are you?
As a Sr. SaaS/Cloud Engineer, you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance within the team.
This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, administration, and automation of the solution enterprise environment in AWS cloud. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies, has made successful B2B AWS SaaS solution deliveries, keeps current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure space, while always searching for ways to improve our systems as technology evolves and with a winning attitude to make CI/CD pipeline shine. The utilised technologies in our tech stack are python 3.8+, React, Django, Docker, Terraform and GitLab. AWS is our target cloud for deployments.
What will you do?
Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and SaaS solutions. Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker and container management systems.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment.
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning.
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows. Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support.
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
- Design, develop, and build the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture.
- Be part of our development team and working closely with developers how to deliver and deploy their code as functional cloud application
What will we see as an asset?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Most importantly, experienced in building and maintaining SaaS solutions in commercial cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage. Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, in AWS.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24×7 availability working in an environment with a defined production change control process.
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure. Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education.
- Experience required 5 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus.
How do you apply?
Please send your Cover Letter, your CV, and your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should be our new team member. The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so apply now! The most suitable candidates will be interviewed in Helsinki.